Terms and Conditions
Taylor’s Driving School agrees to give Driving Tuition to the standards, and according to the code of conduct set down by the DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) and will proceed with its obligations in accordance with recognized codes of practice and relevant statutory obligations.
Taylors Driving school shall give the Client tuition at the rate per hour agreed by both parties on commencement of lessons: dependent on the pricing structure agreed.
The Client is offered the opportunity to a trial lesson after which the Client will decide to either undertake lessons with the Instructor, or not to proceed further without any obligations.
Ordinarily lessons are 2 hours, although changes in lengths of lessons, and times of lessons are flexible as long as changes are possible and made in good time with the Instructor.
Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving driving tuition Taylor’s Driving School will not act in any way which contravenes legislation on discrimination.
Taylor’s Driving School reserves the right to withhold the school’s car/s for a driving test – if in the professional opinion of the Instructor – the required competency has not been attained.
Lessons must be confirmed by the Client within 12 hours of receiving the information from the Instructor about an available slot. The Instructor reserves the right to offer that slot to another student if no response to the offered slot is received.
Taylor`s Driving School and it`s Instructors cannot guarantee the amount of hours/lessons required for a Client to reach the necessary level of competence to drive independently and safely. Clients are treated as individuals and the time required to reach competency is not only dependant on the individual, but also on; the time the Client spends on self-study, frequency of lessons, and the Client’s individual abilities.
Can be made in cash or directly into the account chosen by Taylor’s Driving School.
Must be made BEFORE the commencement of lessons:
- In the case of a taster lesson the payment must be made in full before the commencement of the lesson; either in cash (payment on the day of the lesson) or a transfer payment (payment must be made minimum 24hrs before the commencement of the lesson).
- In the case of packages; payment must be made at least 48hrs before the commencement of the first lesson. If payment is not made on time the Instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson and not schedule any more lessons until payment has been received.
- In case of Pay-as-You Go; payment must be made at the commencement of the lesson. If the Client does not have cash the Instructor has got the right to drive the Client to the closest ATM, this time will be taken out of Client’s lesson time. Pay-as-you-go Clients who wish to pay via bank transfer need to ensure that payment is made at least 48 hours before a schedule lesson
- If a payment hasn’t been received within the terms and conditions set out above Taylors Driving School and its instructors reserve the right not to carry on with the arranged lesson (this is at the discretion of the Instructor).
A refundable £60 deposit is required by Pay-As-You-Go Pupils. The £60 deposit on PAY AS YOU GO pricing is not to be used for normal lessons – and will be offset against the normal chargeable hours on the day the Client PASSES his/her test. Or when a Client decides to discontinue his/her lessons. This deposit is only payable after a taster session and is in place to ensure a weekly slot for Pay-as-you-go Clients.
If a Client has not communicated with Taylors for more than 3 months and the prices for lessons have changed, Taylor`s Driving School reserves the right to:
- charge the Client for lessons at the current rates. Regardless of whether the Client is on package or pay-as-you-go pricing.
- charge the Client for lessons at the current rates. New packages will be charged at the current rate one the existing package has run out.
The Client will be informed about changes in prices a minimum of 4 weeks before said changes are implemented.
Must be made DIRECTLY to the Instructor at least 48 hours before the agreed start of the lesson for lessons confirmed during the week. If this cancellation Is not received the lesson will be charged for in full.
Must be made DIRECTLY to the Instructor at least 72 hours before the agreed start of the lesson for lessons confirmed over the weekend. If this cancellation is not received the lesson will be charged for in full.
In the case of intensive sessions (four or more hours’ worth of lessons in a single day) cancellations must be made DIRECTLY to the Instructor at least 5 full days before the agreed start of the lesson. If this cancellation is not received the lesson will be charged for in full.
Refunds will only be paid to Clients under special circumstances and at the goodwill of Taylor`s Driving School.
Circumstances under which refunds might apply:
- The occurrence of a terminal illness – documentary evidence required with original copies.
- An injury occurs after the commencement of the training that prevents the Client from completing the process and driving in the future – documentary evidence required with original copies.
- The Client relocates to a different country – documentary evidence required with original copies.
- Death of an immediate member of the family – documentary evidence required.
Refunds will be paid to the Client after all used sessions have been deducted from paid amounts. The Instructor has 4 weeks to make refund payments – beginning from the date of the requested refund and receipt of the required proof to support the reason for the cancellation.
Refund requests must be made in writing – emails are acceptable.
Hours used from a package that is subsequently cancelled by the Client will be charged for at the pay-as-you-go rate before any refunds are made.
Refunds do not apply if:
- The Client knew and hid any circumstances (before the commencement of lessons) preventing the client from finishing lesson (This is including the circumstances listed above)
- Refunds do not apply to any lessons that have already been delivered to the Client.
- The Client failed to reply to Instructor within 6 months from the last lesson, after all reasonable attempts have been made by the Instructor to contact the Client (the Instructor is not obligated to try more than 3 times to contact the Client via text, email or phone call without getting any response).
- The Client has stopped communicating for minimum of 3 months without providing any reasons during that time.
Taylor`s Driving School reserves the right to refuse their services if:
- The Client has been regularly cancelling lessons without giving the agreed notice.
- The Client refuses to pay the cancellation fee.
- The Client hasn`t been paying or has not paid the agreed fee for lessons.
- The Client makes unreasonable demands, including but not restricted to; amount of lessons given per week, time of lessons, picking up point, constant attempts to get discounted services.
- The Instructor is being subjected to any form of abuse (written, verbal or other).
- The Instructor feels discriminated against or bullied.
- Taylor`s Driving School has a zero-tolerance policy to violent, threatening and abusive behaviour in any form
By using any of Taylor`s Driving School services, including returning a completed new student information document, and/or booking a first lesson, the Client accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Taylor`s Driving School reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions